A WORKSHOP FESTIVAL OF THEATRICAL ADVENTURES ACROSS NYC COMPRISED OF MULTIPLE TRIPS BEGINNING AT PAY-PHONES ACROSS THE CITY AND WHISKING AUDIENCE MEMBERS AWAY INTO INSPIRED EXPERIENCES.
DIRECTION BY TEDDY BERGMAN AND MIKHAEL TARA GARVER.
DESIGN BY GABRIEL EVANSOHN, CARL FABER, WILL PICKENS, KATIE FLEMING, BECKY LASKY, TRICIA BARSAMIAM.
ORIGINAL TEXT BY JACLYN BACKHAUS, PAUL COHEN, ANDREW GERLE, MEGHAN KENNEDY, KYRA MILLER, JASON GRAY PLATT, STEPHEN SQUIBB.
ASSOCIATED DIRECTION BY ANDREW NEISLER, KATIE FLEMING, JEREMIAH MATTHEW DAVIS, JASON GRAY PLATT, KYRA MILLER, ANDREW GERLE, AND KELLY
FEATURING A CAST OF OVER 20 OF NEW YORK'S BRIGHTEST PERFORMERS, ETA 1.0 was a workshop festival comprised of performance events ("trips") presented at multiple locations across the city. It’s designed to allow New Yorkers to experience the city anew by reimagining diverse pieces of architecture as settings for a series of unexpected happenings. From the Bethesda fountain to the L train, from the Bowery to your bathroom, ETA allows you travel out of the mundane and into the inspired.
- A black mercedes may roll up and take you into the night and on a journey through a nostalgic and mysterious tour of industrial Brooklyn.
- You may find a map directing you to a gazebo in Central Park where a spontaneous orchestra explodes around you.
- A world of performers may collide around you on the F Train beckoning you to Coney Island for a dip in the sea.
- You tell us your preferences, and we select a trip for you.
- And best of all, they're free of charge. New York is way too expensive and you deserve to get away without leaving.